I am happy to report I’ve gotten most of the development
growing pains out of the way for what happens when a person changes names or
cities. I make them get a new Commit3x.com account to use the new identity, but
there is more.
I let the people ‘combine’ their accounts, keeping them separate
from the person’s private point of view but adding all the votes up for them
publically. So, if they live in the same city, their old and new name appear
each with the total number of votes they have (combined from both accounts). This
means they look cooler than normal, and people can use the old or new identity
to find them.
Equally it is good that if you vote for someone in LeSueur,
your vote ‘stays’ in LeSueur even if they move to… Detroit.
The next little challenge is, of course, actually doing that
tallying correctly. I think it might be a MySQL cursor and a loop, no good.
Along these lines I worry over two people same name living in the same city, for
now an administrative task to fix.
I think the site will be opening towards the end of the week,
and I am excited to let people in!
No comments:
Post a Comment